We currently offer a postdoc or research engineer position in the areas of Computational Social Science, Network Science, Big Data, and Social Network Analysis, to be filled immediately.
The applicant will join my team at the CRI to work on large-scale datasets to understand the dynamics of radicalisation of digital communities. In particular, the applicant will work on a project in collaboration with Hugo Micheron (ENS Paris) and Samuel Fraiberger (NYU, World Bank) to map the temporal evolution of the influence network of radical Islam on the web using large datasets from Twitter, Youtube and Facebook. The project is supported by a “Domaine d’Interet Majeur” funding from the region Ile de France.
Duration: 18 months
Relevant backgrounds and experience:
• PhD in network science, data science, computer science, computational social science, engineering, statistics, economics, applied mathematics, physics, or other related technical disciplines
• Advanced expertise in the use of Python and/or R and specialized machine learning libraries/packages
• Experience in advanced data wrangling and analysis
• Experience with the mining, analysis and visualisation of large network data
• Familiarity with natural language processing and predictive analytics (quantitative) methods and tools
• Experience in developing and deploying production-quality solutions that make advanced use of machine learning techniques
• Experience writing research proposals, scientific articles, and technical reports
• Demonstrated experience presenting work to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Proven problem-solving skills (inquisitive mind and intellectual curiosity)
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
• Proactive and innovative
• Capacity to listen actively, obtain necessary input, share ideas, speak persuasively, and convey information in a clear, objective, and concise manner
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, and function productively in a dynamic work environment
• Take initiative, and be persistent in her/his drive for results
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Ability to breakdown undefined problems into specific, workable components
• (Optional) knowledge of French language and interest in the arabic world
Position is available right now. Income is commensurate to post-PhD experience, and follows the standard grid (gross monthly income in euros):
less than 3 years of experience: 2882,16 euros
3 to 5 exp: 3229,67 euros
5 to 7 exp: 3606,00 euros
7 to 10 exp: 4088,81 euros
+10 exp: 4330,14 euros
Interested candidates should submit a formal application to email@example.com consisting of (i) a current CV with past experience and programming skills highlighted (preferably with link to Github or equivalent), (ii) a brief statement of research experience and interests (max. 2 pages) and (iii) the contact information of up to two references (e-mail or phone number) with some context information (relationship to applicant). Do not hesitate to contact me for further questions as well!
We believe in community diversity as a driving force of excellence. Therefore, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
ABOUT THE CRI
The Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI) experiments and spreads new ways of learning, teaching, conducting research and mobilizing collective intelligence in life, learning and digital sciences. The core mission of the CRI is to transform the way to research and acquire, share and co-create knowledge across the life, learning, and digital sciences. We are building a research collaboratory – up to 60 scientists, postdocs, PhD/master students working closely together on diverse but mutually complementary range of topics. We are guided by UN Sustainable Development Goals towards high-impact work on specific topic combining biomedicine, natural sciences, education, and digital transformation.
More info: https://research.cri-paris.org.